Instrumental lessons are available at the North Halifax Grammar School on the following:
- Percussion (drum-kit or tuned and un-tuned orchestral percussion)
Singing skills are taught as part of the Key Stage 3 curriculum and students are encouraged to join a vocal ensemble.
The school does have a limited number of instruments which are available for students to borrow for a small loan fee of £10 per year. If an instrument is not available, we can put you in touch with music shops which operate rental / purchase schemes. Please be aware that we do not have any Guitars to loan. You would need to provide your own instrument should you want to have Guitar lessons.
The fees for instrumental lessons are currently £390 for thirty lessons.
Payments can be spread over three terms and are payable in advance. A reminder of payment deadlines will be emailed to you. For Year 7 students a payment of £130 for the first term is due by Friday 21st August 2020. If you prefer, you can make full payment of £390. Payment should be made on ParentPay.
If you would like your son or daughter to receive instrumental lessons at NHGS, please email firstname.lastname@example.org for an application form, contract and terms and conditions as soon as possible.
- All applications must be received by Friday 10th July 2020 to guarantee an instrumental lesson.
- Lessons will not be delivered without an advance payment of the first term (£130) Payment for the first term must have been made via ParentPay by Friday 21st August 2020.
- If you wish your son or daughter to receive lessons on more than one instrument, please contact Ms R Smith at the email address above stating you require an additional form.
- Please note that allocation of lessons are subject to availability.
If you have any queries regarding music lessons in general, please contact the Mrs Pegg, Head of Music at email@example.com