Our Sixth Form Open Evening will take place on Tuesday 14th November.
- Current Y11 students/parents can arrive from 5pm.
- All other applicants/parents can arrive from 5.30pm.
- The event closes at 8pm
Post 16 Application Process – External Applicants
- The deadline for application is Friday 12th January 2024.
- February - March 2024 – individual discussions with the Sixth Form team.
Predicted grades are taken from current school prior to short-listing for individual discussions.
Sixth Form Entry Requirements for Intake From 2024
A minimum of five GCSEs at Grade 6, with English and Maths at Grade 5 or above.
We recommend a Grade 6, but will accept students with a Grade 5 in any subject to be studied at A-level (where the student has previously studied the subject) provided the other requirements are met.
Equivalent vocational qualifications may be accepted. All full course Level 2 qualifications, including Applied GCSEs, of whatever size will count as one GCSE.
The following also apply:
- To study Biology, students need to have achieved a Grade 6 or above in GCSE Biology or a minimum of two Grade 6s in Science at GCSE.
- To study Mathematics, students need a Grade 7 in GCSE Mathematics.
- To study Further Mathematics students need to have achieved a Grade 8 at GCSE Mathematics.
- To study Physics or Chemistry students need to have achieved a Grade 7 or above in the respective GCSEs or a minimum of two Grade 7s in Science at GCSE. They also need a Grade 6 or above in GCSE Mathematics.
- To study Computer Science, students must have Grade 6 or above in Mathematics at GCSE.
- To study Music, students must have a Grade 7 or above in GCSE Music.
- To study French or Spanish, students must have a Grade 7 or above in their chosen language.
- Students studying PE should play a sport that is on the specification at club / county level or above.
- Students wanting to study 4 A level courses should achieve at least an average GCSE Grade of 7.