In this section:
The school address is:
North Halifax Grammar School
Bus Services to NHGS
West Yorkshire Metro is the main school bus provider and more information is listed in the Bus Company table below.
There is also a public bus from Halifax Town Centre (number 521) that stops on Occupation Lane and School Lane.
Information & Contact Details
|West Yorkshire Metro
West Yorkshire Metro is the main school bus provider and they can be contacted on 0113 348 1122. The West Yorkshire Metro website is http://www.wymetro.com which provides lots information for parents and students about the services that operate to our school, including routes and timetables. The website also contains information on the code of conduct, bus passes and the appropriate application forms.
Details of specific NHGS services can be found at: https://www.wymetro.com/your-school/a-z-school-finder/n/north-halifax-grammar-school/
Travel Xpress runs the following bus service: The M23/M24 that covers Denholme, Cullingworth, Oakworth, Haworth and Oxenhope areas.
You can contact them by telephoning 01274 598833 or email, email@example.com.
Operates the NH23/24 service which covers; Denholme, Cullingworth, Oakworth, Haworth and Oxenhope areas.
Tel 01535 275522 email: firstname.lastname@example.org
If you think you may be entitled to free school transport, you should contact your Local Authority.
Arriving at School
The safety of our students is paramount, please observe the following:
- Students must enter the school from the bus bays or the main steps.
- Students must not climb over the wall from the main road, walk across the grass or climb the fences.
- Students must not walk through the Staff Car Park.
- Buses will be disembarked in the lower bus bay and students will then make their way via the path into school by an official entrance.
- Students arriving by car should be dropped off away from the main gate to avoid congestion at the entrance.
- Cars transporting students to and from school must not be driven into the School Car Park unless the school has issued a permit for welfare reasons.