In this section:
The school address is:
North Halifax Grammar School
Bus Services to NHGS
‘My Bus’ - Currently, the main school bus provider operates the yellow bus service, and they can be contacted on 0113 348 1122. The ‘My Bus’ website is www.generationm.co.uk and this website provides lots information for parents and pupils about the services that operate to our school, including routes and timetables. The website also contains information on the code of conduct, bus passes and the appropriate application forms. For areas not covered by My Bus, see below.
Yelloway bus company cover school travel from Littleborough, Walsden, Todmorden to NHGS. For further information, see their website http://www.yelloway.co.uk/schools-status/.
The West Yorkshire Travel Company bus service covers; Norwood Green, Wyke, Bailiff Bridge, Lightcliffe, Hipperholme and Claremount Road. Please contact them directly on 01535 608332 or email them at firstname.lastname@example.org about this service.
Travel Express run a bus that covers Denholme, Cullingworth, Oakworth, Haworth and Oxenhope areas. You can contact them by telephone 01274 598833 or email, email@example.com.
There is also a public bus from Halifax Town Centre (number 521) that stops on Occupation Lane and School Lane.
If you think you may be entitled to free school transport, you should contact your Local Authority.
Arriving at School
The safety of our students is paramount, please observe the following:
- Students must enter the school from the bus bays or the main steps.
- Students must not climb over the wall from the main road, walk across the grass or climb the fences.
- Students must not walk through the Staff Car Park.
- Buses will be disembarked in the lower bus bay and students will then make their way via the path into school by an official entrance.
- Students arriving by car should be dropped off away from the main gate to avoid congestion at the entrance.
- Cars transporting students must not be driven into the Staff Car Park unless the school has issued a permit for welfare reasons.