Transition Day for Year 6 children will take place on Friday 7th July.
- Students will arrive through the main doors from 8.10am onwards with the school day starting at 8.20am.
- The school day will end at 3pm, our transitioning students will be dismissed first on this day.
- Students should wear their primary school uniform and bring a pencil case with basic equipment; a pen, pencil, rubber and ruler.
- Trainers will also be required for PE.
- Before Transition Day you will receive information about ParentPay, our online cashless payment system, whereby you will be able to pay £3.00, which will allow your child to experience a school dinner from the dining room on Transition Day.
- Alternatively, your child can bring a packed lunch. Please note we are nut free school and do not sell drinks so a refillable water bottle is a good idea.
- Parking near the school is limited. Please be considerate to our neighbours and avoid blocking driveways. Please do not enter the bus bays or staff car park.
If your child would like to experience travelling to NHGS on Transition Day by school bus details are provided below.
Travelling to NHGS on Transition Day - Friday 7th July
If you would like your child to 'trial' a school bus service to and from school on Transition Day, please see below the bus operators that are able to offer this service and how you can arrange it.
West Yorkshire Metro
NH1, NH2, NH3, NH4, NH5, NH6, NH7, NH8, NH9 - You do not need to book or pay for these services on Transition Day. They just ask that on the day your child puts their arm out at their bus stop to signal to the driver that they want to be picked up. For more general information on these services please visit the West Yorkshire Metro website here .
Travel Xpress M23/M24 service - It will be free of charge to trial this bus on Transition Day - but please ring them directly to book a space on 01274 598833
City Travel NH23/NH24 service - It will be free of charge to trial this bus on Transition Day - but please ring them directly to book a space on 01535 275522.
For further general information on bus services to NHGS - please see our 'Travelling to NHGS' page here
All the above buses will drop off and pick up from the school bus bays just outside school on Moorbottom Road - school staff will be around on Transition Day to direct students to and from the buses.