Post 16 Application Process – External Applicants
|Sixth Form Open Evening
||Due to COVID restrictions, our usual Sixth Form Open Evening will not take place.
Please visit our Virtual Open Evening page by clicking here.
||Our Application Form has now closed. If you are interested in a place at NHGS Sixth Form, please fill in the Waiting List form.
Please click here.
||Predicted grades are taken from current school prior to short-listing for
||We are working in collaboration with other schools and colleges in the area to ensure consistency and fairness in our processes.
Individual discussions will now take place later in the term; we highly value your application and will be in touch about the next steps as soon as we can. Thank you for your patience.
Sixth Form Entry Requirements
- A minimum of 6 GCSE subjects at Grade 5 or above including English and Mathematics;
- A Grade 5 or above in any subject to be studied at A-level (where the student has previously studied the subject);
- Equivalent vocational qualifications may be accepted;All full course, Level 2 qualifications, including Applied GCSEs, of whatever size will count as one GCSE.
- To study Biology, Physics or Chemistry students need to have achieved a Grade 6 or above in the respective GCSEs or a minimum of two Grade 6’s in Science and Additional Science at GCSE.
- To study Mathematics, Physics or Chemistry students must have Grade 6 or above in Mathematics at GCSE.
- To study French or Spanish students must have a Grade 6 or above in their chosen language.
- Students wanting to study 4 A level courses should achieve at least an average GCSE Grade of 7.
If you have any queries, please contact the Sixth Form Admissions Secretary, Mrs Charles on 01422 244625 or email at email@example.com