Sixth Form Open Evening
Due to the high numbers of positive cases within Calderdale schools, we have made the decision that our Sixth Form Open Evening will be virtual. This will be available on the NHGS website from November 2021.
We hope to be able to provide some face to face contact later in the academic year when hopefully the number of cases has fallen.
>>Application Form 2022 – please click here.
(The deadline for application is 14th January 2022).
- February - March 2021 – individual discussions with the Sixth Form team.
Predicted grades are taken from current school prior to short-listing for individual discussions.
Sixth Form Entry Requirements
- A minimum of 6 GCSE subjects at Grade 5 or above including English and Mathematics;
- A Grade 5 or above in any subject to be studied at A-level (where the student has previously studied the subject);
- Equivalent vocational qualifications may be accepted;
- All full course, Level 2 qualifications, including Applied GCSEs, of whatever size will count as one GCSE.
- To study Biology, Physics or Chemistry students need to have achieved a Grade 6 or above in the respective GCSEs or a minimum of two Grade 6’s in Science and Additional Science at GCSE.
- To study Mathematics, Physics or Chemistry students must have Grade 6 or above in Mathematics at GCSE.
- To study French or Spanish students must have a Grade 6 or above in their chosen language.
- Students wanting to study 4 A level courses should achieve at least an average GCSE Grade of 7.