The course followed is AQA Psychology (teaching from September 2015)
- Approaches topic
- Social influence + Ethics
- Psychopathology + Psychology and the economy
- Memory + Experimental methods
- Attachment + Non-experimental methods
- Biopsychology (Year 1 and 2 content)
- Students will be set regular weekly homework to consolidate learning from lessons, in most instances a week will be given to complete tasks.
- Homework tasks will include; research tasks, completion of past paper questions and revision tasks.
- Students should be spending 5 hours of time outside lessons on Psychology work, this will not all be set by the teacher. There is an expectation that students read more widely about the subject during this time. The students should also regularly be going over their notes from class taken in their workbooks and consolidating those in their chosen form (e.g. flash cards, mind maps, Cornell notes, etc).
- Students will complete internal summative assessments at the end of each topic through a written examination using questions from AQA past papers (at least once per term).
- At the end of Year 12 students will have a 2-hour exam paper where they will be assessed on all the work they have completed throughout the year.
All student assessment will be assessed using the following assessment criteria:
- AO1: Demonstrate knowledge and understanding of scientific ideas, processes, techniques and procedures.
- AO2: Apply knowledge and understanding of scientific ideas, processes, techniques and procedures.
- AO3: Analyse, interpret and evaluate scientific information, ideas and evidence, including in relation to issues.
Useful Links and Information
All resources used with the students can be found on the Google Classroom.
Students should regularly be going over their notes from class taken in their workbooks and consolidating those in their chosen form (e.g. flash cards, mind maps, Cornell notes, etc).
To support learning students can go to the following websites: