The second year of this 2 Year A level course, assessed by WJEC Eduqas continues to build on the students’ linguistic, knowledge and cultural understanding of France and other countries and communities where French is spoken. An opportunity to study literature will allow students to undertake a deeper analysis of language structures and increase their cultural awareness as part of an integrated approach to language learning. The requirement to research an area of personal interest related to the country/communities where French is spoken will enhance the students’ cultural appreciation and enable them to gain a greater awareness of intercultural differences.
Theme 3: Diversity and difference
- Migration and integration
- Cultural identity and marginalisation
- Cultural enrichment and celebrating difference
- Discrimination and diversity
Grammar: Consolidation and further development of grammatical points covered in the first year of the A level course including: recognition of the past historic
Study of literary work: Boule de Suif by Guy de Maupassant
Theme 4: France 1940-1950: The Occupation and post-war years
- Regional culture and heritage in France, French speaking countries and communities.
- June 1940-May 1945.
- The cultural dimension in occupied France.
Preparation of the Independent Research Project
Homework is set by each French teacher every week and will be designed to:
- reinforce the learning from the lesson with written and/ or learning exercises/ vocabulary
- prepare and research for the next lesson by reading and producing written work for following lesson
- preparation of the independent research topic
|Component 1 Speaking
||30% of qualification
||Presentation and discussion of independent research project: Discussion of stimulus card relating to 1 of the themes studied
Component 2 Listening
50% of qualification
Reading and Translation Written examination
Critical and analytical response in writing
20% of qualification
Useful Links and Information
- Languages on line (www.languagesonline.org.uk)
24 French news:
- France 24 ( http://www.france24.com/)
Search engines using French websites;